Castle Game Engine version 5.1.2 was just released! This release brings a couple of fixes and improvements to the engine.
- New useful events are published on
OnOpen: TNotifyEvent OnClose: TNotifyEvent OnBeforeRender: TNotifyEvent OnRender: TNotifyEvent OnResize: TNotifyEvent OnPress: TControlInputPressReleaseEvent OnRelease: TControlInputPressReleaseEvent OnMotion: TControlInputMotionEvent OnUpdate: TNotifyEvent
These should be used to watch open/close of context, to watch key/mouse events and to perform continuous updates. For detailed documentation of them, see TCastleControlCustom reference.
Some previously published stuff on
TCastleControlis deprecated now and will be removed in next release (sorry, we have to break compatibility — this old stuff really doesn’t make much sense, all new code should use new events). Also, the deprecated
OnPaintwas fixed — just in case you’re using it (but please switch to using
The beginning of the tutorial was much streamlined. We fixed some wording, removed a lot of useless info, and made the beginning of the tutorial really smooth. Now, you really quickly get to the “I made a 3D game!” stage 🙂
Also, the tutorial chapter “Adding a simple moving object” was added.
- Also, as you probably see, the website got a total facelift, using HTML5 and Bootstrap style. Various pages and menus were rearranged to be more helpful. I hope you enjoy the new website — please leave a note in the comments 🙂
- You can save almost 0.7 MB from exe size by undefining CASTLE_EMBED_ALL_3D_FONT_VARIATIONS in some cases, see src/base/castleconf.inc for comments.
- Various testsuite fixes and improvements.
- Improve CastleCurves API, and also mark most of it as deprecated.